Monday, March 19, 2012

Old Truth, New Eyes

There is a child out there somewhere that does not know me. They have no clue who I am, or Scott for that matter. If someone showed them a picture of us right now it would mean nothing. It would be no different then me showing a picture of someone in a magazine to one of my three kids. Someday, hopefully soon, we will meet our child, but he or she won't know us, recognize us or come running up to us with a hug the way our other three kids do. This child does not know me at all and really I don't know them either. Although I can say that there is a growing love in my heart for them. I can't explain it, but it's there. It shows in the little sacrifices we are making to bring this child home, from time spent on paperwork to time spent on adoption training, to pinching pennies. I know these are small ways that our love for this child is being shown in action. Not that they see or understand what we are doing, yet we keep doing.
This has been leading me to reflect on God's love for me. I am now seeing an old truth in a new way through this adoption. Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so, it's that familiar song many of us learned as kids. It's a simple song with the truth that Jesus loves us and how do we know this? Because the Bible is what tells us so. There was a time in my life when I didn't know God. I had know idea who He was or that He loved me. Yet, He did love me even before I knew Him. And in His love for me He also made a sacrifice, for me, even before I knew Him. The petty sacrifices Scott and I are making do not compare to what God has done for us. Not even close. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." God made the ultimate sacrifice, His son dying on the cross. Why? So that we can be adopted into His family, so we can become His sons and daughters. In Ephesians 4:3-6 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons (and daughters) through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved." Did you catch that? IN LOVE he predestined us for adoption as sons... In love we will someday soon adopt a son or daughter but only because He first loved us.

2 comments:

  1. "There was a time in my life when I didn't know God. I had know idea who He was or that He loved me. Yet, He did love me even before I knew Him. And in His love for me He also made a sacrifice, for me, even before I knew Him."

    LOVE, LOVE. LOVE this!!! Thank you so much for the way you phrased this!! It really brought into a new perspective! So excited for you guys!!

    PS - I have your exact "playlist" in my ITunes as part of my playlist.... : P

    ReplyDelete