Sunday, April 29, 2012

Home Study #1 Complete

We completed our first of four home studies on Friday morning.  When people ask how it went, I don't know how to answer them.  I think it went well because we answered all of the questions, but did they like our answers?  Well, I guess that is to be determined.

I loved listening to Scott answer the questions our home study agent asked.  I enjoyed hearing him talk about this adoption, and our fourth child with great delight, listening to his excitement, his concerns and his eagerness.  It's a precious thing to see a daddy pursuing a child through adoption, his child.  It left me pondering our Heavenly Father and how He pursues us, His children.  Scott is giving me a visual example of that through this adoption and it's beautiful to watch. 

 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven. What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go in search of the one that went astray? And if he finds it, truly, I say to you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine that never went astray. So it is not the will of my Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish."  (Matthew 18:10-14 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment